Exfoliation is the removal of the oldest dead skin cells that cling to the skin`s outermost surface or epidermis,eliminating impurities,oilbuildup,improving circulation and stimulating cell renewal.When done correctly it leaves the skin smooth,fresh,radiant and healthy.It speeds of the skins natural process of shedding dead skin cells and prevents pimples,blackheads by keeping the pores clear of impurities.If pores and sebacious glands are blocked they can cause build of debris leading to developing blemishes.
Types of exfoliation:
1.Mechanical exfoliation-in this the exfoliation is done physically by using abrasives.they can be either by using a product that has abrasive particles like scrubs,using tools like loofah,wash cloth,gloves,brushes.
2.chemical exfoliation:enzymes alphahydroxic acids,beta hydroxic acids,chemical peels with glycolic acids,salicilic acids are used.
How to exfoliate:
Just dab a pea size of product wet it with water and work it smoothly on the skin with small circular motion,thus scrubbing off the dead cells.As over exfoliation causes skin irritation,dryness it is adviced to exfoliate only once or twice a week.Its always better to do it frequently tahn to wait long and opt for harsh salon treatments.
IMP:never ever forget to exfoliate your lips,they also need good exfoliation otherwise the lips appear older than the facial skin.
- Jovees veg peel
- Himalaya Neem scrub rs 65
- Himalaya Apricot scrub rs65
- Lotus berry scrub
- Vlcc Indian burberry scrub rs 205
- Everyuth apricot scrub rs 85
I m a DIY queen:
- the best till date:Sugar+a spoon full of olive oil
- oatmeal grounded+water -it works better than any store bought one
- rub half lemon with sugar granules
- sugar+almond oil
- aspirin+water dissolve it any gently rub with fingers or a gentle toothbrush.it works great for acne skin and gives us beauties baby soft skin hmmm...
- carrot juice+sugar+1 teaspoon honey
- sugar+honey+olive oil.this can be stored for a month
- Dip a slice of tomato in sugar and scrub the skin.leave it for 10 min and rinse
- 1 tsp apricot kernel powder+3 tsp apricot pulp+3 tsp ripe papaya pulp.mix them well scrub,leave for 20 min and rinse.tadaa you will be blessed with glowing skin my frnd!!
- 1 tbsp each of baking soda,face lotion/cleanser.
- besan+moong dal powder+milk..Indian heritage ha
- mix 1 tsp of facewash+2 tsp of salt. for the girl on-the-go
- Blend carrot+2 tsp honey+1 tsp semolina+oil leave on for 15 min after scunning
- 1 tsp baking soda+salt
- 1 tsp rice flour+honey+milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar+1 tsp green tea+1 tsp sugar+honey.it can be stored and used for 2 weeks.it does wonders for acne prone skin..ya will see how well u work for me!!!
- was saving the best for the last mm yummm 1 spoon nescafe +unboiled raw milk+sugar
- ground cofee beans 20+milk powder+bodywash
take care girls,